• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation - Batch export single design with multiple versions

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image1.psd is a multy layer photoshop image containing 5 layers to achive a final image. One of those layers is a smart object (SmartObject1.psd) SmartObject1.psd contains 50 layers each with a different logo. 
Is there a way to automate/batch save 50 jpeg copies of Image1.psd for each layer contained in SmartObject1.psd? Or is there a better solution if I copy those 50 logos directly into Image1.psd? Or is there an automation process where I can point Photoshop to a directory containing these logos to merge into a master image containing no logo?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

This script should do the job with a very minor restructure of your existing file:

https://github.com/mechanicious/photoshopCompositionComposer

Place the 50 designs into a layer set/group. There are scripts to "unsmart" or decompose a smart object into separate layers.

Place the "static" layers into a lower layer set/group. Depending on the layer structure, you may need to make them a smart object or perhaps group into a sub-group in order for them to be treated as a single element.

Ru

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Script can still save Jpeg from Layer documents.  You should have no problem populating your designs into your Mockup templates with my Photoshop scripts. Free Photoshop Photo Collage and Mockup Toolkit 

However, your Mockup Template seems to be very complex,  My script can one  populate mockup templates that a easy to populate. You may need to break up your  complex Mockup template into 50 simple to populate templates.   My  script can populate your 50 Mockup templates with your replacement designs is a single batch run.  A template would have one fixed logo.  There would be be 50 similar  mockups templates each with a different logo your design would be populated into. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This script should do the job with a very minor restructure of your existing file:

https://github.com/mechanicious/photoshopCompositionComposer

Place the 50 designs into a layer set/group. There are scripts to "unsmart" or decompose a smart object into separate layers.

Place the "static" layers into a lower layer set/group. Depending on the layer structure, you may need to make them a smart object or perhaps group into a sub-group in order for them to be treated as a single element.

Run the photoshopCompositionComposer script and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does exactly what I was trying to achieve.
I have a mockup with several options for a foreground. Grouping all those options together on one background gives me one .png file for each option. 
It could also work with several different backgrounds, thus creating one file for each option, for each background.

The only thing to do is to clean up the project so that it will only have the layers we are interested in saving, or to rename the layers as per guide provided.
Thanks Steven, most helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for marking a correct answer and providing feedback. I'm happy that you achieved your goal, it is a great script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines