Highlighted

Automation mutating original files

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have experienced a very unfortunate problem in Photoshop which bizarrely has arisen despite me making no changes that I know of, and no updates being installed that I know of.

I have an automation which saves files in a lower resolution.

I have used this for a long time and it would always work perfectly. Given some folder of photos, it would save those photos in a lower resolution in the destination folder. The original photos would be left unchanged.

However one day an automation that I've used for ages actually mutated the original files as well as saving them to the destination folder. Now every time I use an automation it mutates the original files.

I actually lost about 4 hours of work in an instant due to this glitch.

What is the problem and how can it be resolved?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Automation mutating original files

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have experienced a very unfortunate problem in Photoshop which bizarrely has arisen despite me making no changes that I know of, and no updates being installed that I know of.

I have an automation which saves files in a lower resolution.

I have used this for a long time and it would always work perfectly. Given some folder of photos, it would save those photos in a lower resolution in the destination folder. The original photos would be left unchanged.

However one day an automation that I've used for ages actually mutated the original files as well as saving them to the destination folder. Now every time I use an automation it mutates the original files.

I actually lost about 4 hours of work in an instant due to this glitch.

What is the problem and how can it be resolved?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0

Have something to add?