• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AutoRecover not working PS 2021

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Months ago I know it was. The recovery folder is on my scratch disk as PS puts it there. PS has crashed on and off for me at least a year ( I submit reports every crash ) when transforming. So believe me, I've had chances for the recovery file to be made abs placed in said folder, but lately ( last one or two updates?) it's pointless. Nothing is in folder or needless to say I do not get asked by PS to use the file.

Latest PS as if this writing, Big Sur 11.1, Scratch disk and jobs file separate from boot drive.

Help appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure: What is the relevant Preferences setting? 

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I believe it's the scratch disk setting - as that's where the recovery file is resrtored on a Mac... correct?

My trouble shooting step, cough cough, except on the rare occasion I have forgot  (thats' when I find no recovery file), has been to save the heck out of a file before transforming (the 2nd but very much related issue - the at least a year + ongoing issue - no matter the updates - never gets fixed. Started w/ the 2020 version - as many know, that's when PS started to go sideways - just look at the boards here) as that's when a crash may or may not happen. Submit a report everytime

Thank you for the reminder on prefs... not thrilled to do all that, but alas I just did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»that's when PS started to go sideways«

Well, it may have had an occasional wheel off the track now and again for a while now … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines