Highlighted

Autosaved over my file!

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I flattened an image temporarily to do a quick copy and paste, but then when i closed the file the silly autosave saved the flattened IMAGE!!!!!! 

So i've lost about weeks worth of work, is there anyway i can get this back? When i reload the document it loads the flattened image /cry /autosavesucks

Any help would be appreciated. No i did not have a backup on my PC.

Many thanks,
Damian 

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Autosaved over my file!

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I flattened an image temporarily to do a quick copy and paste, but then when i closed the file the silly autosave saved the flattened IMAGE!!!!!! 

So i've lost about weeks worth of work, is there anyway i can get this back? When i reload the document it loads the flattened image /cry /autosavesucks

Any help would be appreciated. No i did not have a backup on my PC.

Many thanks,
Damian 

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you on? Here is a page on restoring earlier versions.

https://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-restore-old-versions-of-files-from-anywhere--cms-216... 

Windows - you could right click on the file and choose, Restore previous versions.  Not a guaranteed solution but worth a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What silly autosave?

Saving is a choice. You choose to save the file or not.

The exception is the new cloud document PDSC online format. But that saves versions so you can step back to the earlier version.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0