Highlighted

AutoSelect/Select and mask - output to new layer - mixed edges problem

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So this has happened a few times now.

A clearly defined object, photographed on a white grey background. Using the autoselect (box mode) to grab the object, then refining it manually with polygonal Lasso. Click the Select and mask panel, not touching any setting here, but just using it to output to new layer. When the selelction is output some of the edges are crisp and other edges look like they've had feather turned on to some degree (they haven't) and this can happen on the same edge - e.g the first section of a straight edge is crisp and the second section appears to be feathered. Why is it doing this? I'm sure its a simple thing but I can't find any setting that would affect it this way. Nothing is below 100% on the new layer or the layer the selection is coming from, no feathering is turned on with the selection.

Thanks

Topics

Bug, How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AutoSelect/Select and mask - output to new layer - mixed edges problem

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So this has happened a few times now.

A clearly defined object, photographed on a white grey background. Using the autoselect (box mode) to grab the object, then refining it manually with polygonal Lasso. Click the Select and mask panel, not touching any setting here, but just using it to output to new layer. When the selelction is output some of the edges are crisp and other edges look like they've had feather turned on to some degree (they haven't) and this can happen on the same edge - e.g the first section of a straight edge is crisp and the second section appears to be feathered. Why is it doing this? I'm sure its a simple thing but I can't find any setting that would affect it this way. Nothing is below 100% on the new layer or the layer the selection is coming from, no feathering is turned on with the selection.

Thanks

Topics

Bug, How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?