• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Available RAM difference between Photoshop 2021 and Photoshop 2018

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I use PS CC2021 and quite frequently get "not enough RAM" message. My system RAM is 16GB and never had this kind of issue before. After checking the Preferences, I saw this. The available RAM is only around 12 GB out of 16.

RAM CC2021.jpg

I also have PS CC2018 installed since PSCC2021 is an absolute garbage in many ways (I am still hoping for a reliable update), there are more amount RAM available.

RAM CC2018.jpg

Can someone tell why there are differences of RAM available between Photoshop version? 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2021. Our product is aware of this issue. They have logged a bug for this & they are working on a fix. Please add your vote to the issue here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-224-does-not-recognize-full-memory-...

Also, please follow the thread for updates related to the developments on this.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Available RAM is free  RAM. that  Changes   it depenst on how many application are running and how much RAM they are using. Checking now befor and after I close Photoshop I see Photoshop was using 2GB of RAM

image.pngimage.png

Starting Photoshop from system info I see 33GB Free, By the time I can edit my Preferences  Photoshop has consumed 2GB of RAM Performabce shows 31GB free.   Windoes now shows 30.4GB free.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines