• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Awful problem with Quick Selection tool in Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am totally unfamiliar with forums like these, I thought I posted this question a few months ago, but can't find my post or any answers...so I'm attempting again.

When I attempt to use the Quick Selection Tool in Photoshop 21.2.4 (MacPro 5,1, OS High Sierra, 32GB RAM), the image breaks up in pieces, and a new cropped selection appears! Please refer to the two screen shots. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or solutions, thanks!

If I'm using the forum incorrectly, I would appreciate advice on that too, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Hmm, that looks strange (and it shouldn't behave like that ;-)). Have you tried resetting your Preferences? (restart Photoshop and directly hold Cmd-Option-Shift)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attachment.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. Sure I can do that, no problem, but I can't find a way to edit my post. But I'll add the images the way you recommended. The first image is "Before", the second image, as you can see, a new image in a box has been created! All I've done is attempt to select the central subject's face with the Quick Selection Tool.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06_1.pngScreenShot 2020-11-06_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that looks strange (and it shouldn't behave like that ;-)). Have you tried resetting your Preferences? (restart Photoshop and directly hold Cmd-Option-Shift)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! I believe its been fixed! The selection tool works fine on that same image I took the screen shots of.

Thank you so much, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, happy to hear it helped! 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines