• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background Behind Glass

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am new to PhotoShop and am very pleased with the videos and help through creative cloud. Question, I have photos that have glass and I wish to remove the background you can see through the glass. I know it can be done, but not sure where to search for how to or even what it would be called to search it. Any advice or suggestions greatly received. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are many tutorials about that with different techniques

You can do it with the blend if plus blending modes and mask, but in my opinion depends of the glass and the background

I hope you can find a good tutorial or you can share the image and we can show you

Take care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helen and welcome to the forum.

There are lots of variables, so we would really need to see the image to give meaningful advice.  

If theere is flare, for instance, that could be a major problem and need careful masking and possibly so rebuilding of a burnt out area.

If it is just the loss of contrast, then the Camera RAW > Haze slider might be a good and easy fix.

image.pngimage.png

Glass can add colour to a scene (often a blue tint) and that can also be fixed in Camera RAW.

Does that help at all?  Paste one of the images to this thread if you need specific advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_7744.JPGCF52ESG.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havs to make the top picture look like the bottom picture. I have been able to remove the background around it but not what they did to background through the glass. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is as far as I have gotten with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines