• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background is white when cutting out a picture with the pen tool instead of transparent

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does  anyone know why when I use the pen tool to cut an image from a background, when I go to delete the background, it's white instead of transparent? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a white layer below the images layer you cut out?  Post a screen capture with your document open in photoshop where the layer palette is visible and has your layer visible in it.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No there was not a white layer. I'm thinking it was my Wacom tablet because when I restart my laptop everything was working back normal. The problem just occured again tho. I'm thinking Photoshop has a bug or its my Wacom tablet that has a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Background layer is a special type of layer which does not support transparency. You can convert it to a regular layer via Layer > New... > Layer from Background, or by double-clicking on it in the Layers panel (but not on the thumbnail).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines