• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background remains after Quick Selection

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Quick Selection tool to make a selection and in Select & Mask I output to a new layer.

I then drag to new layer with the selection to a new blank document and for some reason the original entire background appears in the new document. Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post some screenshots with document window and panels visible?

Have you tried Copy/Paste method to move layer between documents? I am not sure which selection you are mentioning, is that output on new layer or active selection? Is that selection of content which is on new layer? Try to select layer then Copy/Paste to new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aloha

Thanks for your reply, I was able to correct the problem by reinstalling Photoshop. It was a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines