• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background Removal - Express vs CC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More of a curious question than one of issue. Is it just me or does Photoshop Express's background remove perform better automatic removal than CC. There are same images where CC did do better than Express but from I saw Express is more consistent. Not really critical to my current workflow but would have been nice to have the feature perform on par with Express or Slazzer for when I need to use it.

As I am still new to this field, am I missing something, like a setting?. How can a free app perform better than a paid one atleast for this function?

DavidDDD_0-1616094613475.png

Source files:

chair.pngsofa.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

@DavidDDD wrote:

... am I missing something, like a setting?

Hi @DavidDDD 

I see that you asked this three days ago and no one has yet replied, possibly because many of us do not use background removal in PS, nor do we use PS Express.

For my workflow, I might start with Select > Select Subject, then fine-tune the selection in Quick Mask and / or Select and Mask. If the initial selection needs a lot of work, I prefer Quick Mask because I can use the Pen tool, whereas it's not available in Se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DavidDDD wrote:

... am I missing something, like a setting?

Hi @DavidDDD 

I see that you asked this three days ago and no one has yet replied, possibly because many of us do not use background removal in PS, nor do we use PS Express.

For my workflow, I might start with Select > Select Subject, then fine-tune the selection in Quick Mask and / or Select and Mask. If the initial selection needs a lot of work, I prefer Quick Mask because I can use the Pen tool, whereas it's not available in Select and Mask. Finally, I apply a non-destructive Layer Mask that can be edited and fine-tuned later.

As far as I know, PS Express does not have Select Subject, Pen tool, Layer Masks, Quick Mask, or Select and Mask, so you are relying on "automatic" to do the job correctly without a method to fine-tune or make corrections if they are needed. Is that the answer you are looking for?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jane-e . Yes this is the answer I was expecting as a professional tool is in use so not alot of emphasis would go into AI. For now it is not a big issue for our product line.

I was just curious incase we later decide to center some of our products in an all white background for site consistency (I did find remove.bg which does a decent job for automatic removal so we can also fall back on that).

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @DavidDDD. When the automatic features work perfectly, then use them! For me, though, they usually need anywhere between a little to a lot of tweaking. 😊 The Select Subject command combined with Select and Mask in Photoshop make selections much easier than they were just a few years ago.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines