• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

background

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, New here. I am restarting a great Udemy Photoshop course by Lindsay Marsh. I got a little over halfway through then, had computer issues that took a while to resolve. I have restarted the course but am having a settings issue with Photoshop. I like it's just one little button that's clicked that shouldn't be. 

The problem:

When I go to make a basic shape then fill, when I try to move the shape a mirror immage appears under like a cut out, only it is in the line color. It is not on a seperate layer. I have reset preferences and workspace to no avail. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's happening is that when you make the elliptical selection on the Background layer, fill it with purple, and then move it, it's filling in that space with the background color which is set to green.

I'd recommend opening your Layers panel (currently, it's the History panel that's open). Then you can see what your layers are. If you'd like to have a white background layer and a moveable purple circle, leave the Background layer white, make a new layer (click the + in a box at the bottom of the Layers panel), select the new layer in the Layers panel, make the circle selection on the canvas with the Elliptical tool, fill it with purple, and then move the circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines