• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch commands have disappered

Participant ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batch commands I  have created have disappeared. I'm on Windows 10. Where are they located and do they have .atn as an extension? I am using the lastes version of Windows 10.

I haven't rest my preferance so they should be there. They must have a different extension as I search the C drive for them as atn extensions and found just the default settings. I have an old backup drive but it only has the default atn files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop CS6.

and the latest version of Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop CS6 version Preferences menu File>Automate>Batch... you should  be able the Batch Actions that are  inyour Actions palette's Actions sets. Make sure your Action sets are still loads and the actions you are trying to batch is in your action set in the Acton palette.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No actions I have created appear in the action panel. I recreated one this morning. I then search for it by *atn. It doesn't appear. I also notice that none of the atn files that windows search found are the ones in the adobe action panel . It is clear to me that the default actions and the actions created in Photoshop have a different extension. On the Internet I found that some XML files can be converted to atn files so maybe Adobe stores them as XLM files. If I hit the load option in the action panel there is nothing to load. The file this opens is under User/app/adobe/......  I try to search for XML but I think I will end up recreating the actions. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you  SavelAction Sets, the file save will have an .atn extension.   If you record and edit actions and do not saves the Action sets the action are in any *.atn files.  You need toe save the Action Sets.  Action you record and edit in your Action Palette only exist in to your Photoshop Preferences for your Action Palette.   When you install a new version of Photoshop.  Your Actions will nor be in the new photoshop Actions palette. When installing a new photoshop version you should be able to migrate your preferences form your old Photoshop version.  Migrating should migrate your Actions Palette preferences file "Actions Palette.psp". 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The batch command plays actions. Do you have the required actions in your actions panel? Do you have saved copies of action sets on your drive with a .atn extension?

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/01/photoshop-custom-action-file-backup.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found copies of the atn files I created on my backup C drive. I copied them to the Prest action file and I copied them to my Data Backup drive so I can paste them in if they ever disappear again. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like something is resetting your Actions Palette Preferences file back Addobe's default.  You need the load you Action Sets .atn file again so the will loaded into the Actions Palette and written into your  user id Photoshop Preferences folder in "Actions Palette.psp"

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines