• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Fit To Layer

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am using a script that will scale any image to fit the below layer. Now I want to batch process multiple files with it so I created an action but whenever I execute the action in batch the place image dialogue always comes up and asks me to select an image that will be placed how can fix that? Can anyone here help me out with that?

Here I have attache the action. The first open command opens the template to which I want all my images to be scaled, the place is then places the image I want to scale than the scripts run, and finally some cleanups. I am currently stuck at the place option where if I do a batch every time I have to select an image then place enter as well.

CapturePlace.PNG

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
People's Champ ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you always place the same image with the Place command, then turn off the "dialog" for the Place command in action (the box next to the checkmark). Otherwise, the file selection (according to your logic) and the Place command must be transferred to the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't place the same image. That's the part I want to automate. And Thus the dialogue is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already suggested, turn off modal control by clicking on icon to which points arrow on screenshot to dissaapear. Note: action will always place same image/file without modal control, if that is what you want.

CapturePlace arrow.PNG

If you want to batch process images then you must use some built in script or to download from internet like Image Processor Pro. 

If you have problem please explain what exactly you want to do and what have you tried so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not placing the same image that's the part I want to use batch process so I left the dialogue box open. Let's say I have a folder that has 100 images.  I want to batch process then scale to fit the layer then save 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I am not placing the same image«

If you want the Place-dialog to appear then what is the problem about it appearing? 

Maybe you are not describing the intended process succiciently clearly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please provide detailed description  what exactly you are trying to do/accomplish? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines