Highlighted

Batch Merge 4 Images onto a 4x6

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say I have 2000 photos.  I want to print 4 images on a 4x6 photo sheet for cost efficiency.  Is there a tool to go through each file in a folder, place 4 on a 4x6 canvas, save as, close, and repeat for the next four images until all 2k images are processed?

I know how to create batch actions and create a droplet to shrink images to size, and rotate them if necessary, however, I haven't had luck finding how to automatically merge 4 images into 1, in which to create a batch action from.

Happy to clear any questions.  Thanks. 

I have PS2020. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Batch Merge 4 Images onto a 4x6

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say I have 2000 photos.  I want to print 4 images on a 4x6 photo sheet for cost efficiency.  Is there a tool to go through each file in a folder, place 4 on a 4x6 canvas, save as, close, and repeat for the next four images until all 2k images are processed?

I know how to create batch actions and create a droplet to shrink images to size, and rotate them if necessary, however, I haven't had luck finding how to automatically merge 4 images into 1, in which to create a batch action from.

Happy to clear any questions.  Thanks. 

I have PS2020. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you image all have a 2:3 portrait aspect ratio you could create a 4" x 6" 300 PP Photo collage template with 4  2" x 3" images and batch populate the template with one of the Batching scripts in my Free hotoshop Photo Collage and Mockuo Toolkit 

If your image have different aspect ratio the script will resize your image to fill the 2" x 3" image areas and mask off the excess image content. Your images will look the were centered crop to a 2:3 aspect ratio.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beside @JJMack script which is easiest way you have one more option to try: data sets. It needs some preparations to rename files and to create data sets, by the way. 

Here are my tutorials which explains how data sets works https://www.designeasy.co/2014/08/easy-way-to-automate-photoshop-with.html You have links at the bottom of each tutorial.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack's scripts are great for this task.

If you did have an action to layout 4 image layers into a final 4up layout, then I could supply a script that would layer images in sets of 4 and then call the action, save and then move onto the next four images etc.

Similar to the following script, however changes would be required:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 1