• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

___Batch processing just stopped working in general...

Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to batch process all of the time - multiple files (like 50 at a time), all seemed to go fine.

Recently, however, no matter what action I do, or what file, it appears that the batch process 'goes through the motions' (in that it opens each image sequentially, and closes it), but it produces no results (!)

Also, when I try Scripts --> Image Processor it doesn't save as .psd files, despite doing the same, in that it 'goes through the motions' (in that it opens each image sequentially, and closes it)

I've reinstalled Photoshop (Ver 21.2.5 2020 Mac), and tried doing it on my desktop and on a server - no dice.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.... well, here's another one (epilepsy warning due to sped up batch flashing)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You partly hid the Layers Panel with the Properties Panel so what is that supposed to be good for? 

Some images seem to lack a Background Layer so it would not seem surprising if the step 

Select layer »Background« 

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 15.58.12.png

in your Action caused problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another video...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please uncheck »Override Action »Save As« command«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the glitch still is a glitch, however the workaround seems to work: put a 'save as' into the action, and don't over-write the files - save into another folder entirely... but I'll have to test again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What glitch? 

The process works fine for me. 

If you don’t want »Save and Close« don’t use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it to work if I convert to PSD first... otherwise it won't work unless I put a 'save as' into the action itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines