• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

___Batch processing just stopped working in general...

Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to batch process all of the time - multiple files (like 50 at a time), all seemed to go fine.

Recently, however, no matter what action I do, or what file, it appears that the batch process 'goes through the motions' (in that it opens each image sequentially, and closes it), but it produces no results (!)

Also, when I try Scripts --> Image Processor it doesn't save as .psd files, despite doing the same, in that it 'goes through the motions' (in that it opens each image sequentially, and closes it)

I've reinstalled Photoshop (Ver 21.2.5 2020 Mac), and tried doing it on my desktop and on a server - no dice.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Batch seems to be set to Save and Close, no target folder.  

Where is the Folder »psds2« you use in Image Processor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to batch process all of the time - multiple files (like 50 at a time), all seemed to go fine.

Recently, however, no matter what action I do, or what file, it appears that the batch process 'goes through the motions' (in that it opens each image sequentially, and closes it), but it produces no results (!)

Also, when I try Scripts --> Image Processor it doesn't save as .psd files, despite doing the same, in that it 'goes through the motions' (in that it opens each image sequentially, and closes it)

I've reinstalled Photoshop (Ver 21.2.5 2020 Mac), and tried doing it on my desktop and on a server - no dice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Batch seems to be set to Save and Close, no target folder.  

Where is the Folder »psds2« you use in Image Processor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator please remove this thread as it's duplicate of ___Batch processing just stopped working in general...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to batch process all of the time - multiple files (like 50 at a time), went fine.

I've reinstalled Photoshop (Ver 21.2.5 2020 Mac), and tried doing it on my desktop and on a server - no dice. No other recent changes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator please remove this thread as it's duplicate of ___Batch processing just stopped working in general... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<This might be a duplicate of an existing post - I don't know why the other post glitched and did multiples>

I used to batch process all of the time - multiple files (like 50 at a time), went fine.

I've reinstalled Photoshop (Ver 21.2.5 2020 Mac), and tried doing it on my desktop and on a server - no dice. No other recent changes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Batch is still set to »Save and Close«, so check the save-dates of the files in the original folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The save dates do change/update, however, the file appears unchanged otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But your Action inverts twice – so: no noticable effect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, however it is 2 boxes which invert (not whole image). At this point I was desperate to try anything for the sake of a test... I can do another one in a while with other effects - I know it STILL won't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to retry/test  another time....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what happens - it appears that my actions AND my Batch processing are screwed up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not start recording your action from opening the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't have to open the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked my question to conditions you shared on forum originally, not conditions you changed later (after your first video) to do the same other possible way. On the previous video you have checked 'Override Action "Open" Commands', but had not recorded 'Open' step in your action. So accordingly to that, no 'Open' item in Actions with 'Override.....' box checked can't open your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brush Strokes only record in Actions if the Actions Panel is set to »Allow Tool Recording« – is it? 

Have you tried unchecking »Override Action »Open« Commands«? 

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 15.20.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip - didn't know there was an option to turn off Â»Allow Tool Recording« (must've been on in the past).

As far as the override action open command - I have tried with that on and off....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it throws an error for every Action step with and without »Override Action »Open« Commands«? 

Then it might be time for some basic trouble-shooting; Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you want to process unopened files yet withtout opening them by first action step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand your question: For batch processing, you should be able to target multiple files and have Ps apply the action, without 'manually' opening the files (or opening through a batch process somehow)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the Action includes selecting the Brush Tool, but no Brush stroke. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news: It Works

Bad News: It works only for the first three (!)

Please see video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At about 1:07 you seem to cancel the operation. 

What are the files in the Folder? 

Edit: I have seen that you show the Folder later n the video and the images appear to be tiffs, so that should not be a problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines