Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch processing mysteries

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS 2020 v 21.2.4

1. I created an Action - convert TIFF to PNG, save. I manually opened 15 files to process, and designated target folder for saving. Processor wanted to send each saved file to "Trashes." This looked like a hidden folder in Bridge... I could manually select correct folder for saving, which I did.

2. I re-recorded same Action, this time designating target folder, and added Close. However, that Action was now grayed out, inactive. I re-started PS and Action appeared OK as usable.

3. I ran second folder of files as Source (I did not open each file manually as before), and those processed files found their way to correct target folder. BUT - the previous 15 files also opened in addition to the new folder! What's going on, please?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Guess what? Those 15 files open each time I run the Action because I recorded "OPEN" for each one! Duh.....

Now all works as advertised.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guess what? Those 15 files open each time I run the Action because I recorded "OPEN" for each one! Duh.....

Now all works as advertised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines