• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch saving new images from auto crop & straighten

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a batch of scanned photos from an album to perform auto crop & straighten on. I want to automate the process, creating an action that opens a source file, performs auto crop & straighten, and then saves all created new images (in tabs) as JPEGs to an output directory. Basically, I have tried two ways:

1. After crop & straighten, use "close all" and click save when asked for each image, and then specify the folder and JPEG settings for each image. Problem here is, the action then becomes specific for how many pictures there have been created out of a single scan file, and this number may vary.
  2. After crop & straighten, use the image processor to save all open documents with a specified folder and JPEG settings. This would basically be what I need, but it doesn't work, because apparently it only does on open tabs with preexisting documents, but not newly created ones as they haven't been files before. When I try to do this, I only get the error message: "There were no source files that could be opened by Photoshop", followed with a list of the open tabs.

For the record: Neither do I want to perform an extra action on the images nor have I selected any in both ways. I tried different output directories, but didn't change anything.

Is there any workaround to be able to fulfill my needs here?

(using Photoshop v21.2 on Mac OS 10.15.5

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aleksandarc9527030,

Image Processor can help with this task.

Steps:

1. Choose File Menu > Scripts > Image Processor
  2. Select Open images at the top. Give it a location.

A sleeker method is this.

1. Set up your crop and straighten action.
  2. With no files open choose  File Menu > Scripts > Image Processor
  3. Click the Select Folder Radio button and choose your folder location for your oirginal images.
  4. Choose your save location
  5. Choose your JPEG settings
  6. Enable 'Run Action' off the bottom of the dialog.
  7. Choose your action.
  8. Done

hth

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may need to write a custom script to accomplish this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines