• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Cloud Based Storage for Photoshop Archive

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best platform to save a few hundred images in the cloud?  The images are Photoshop and Digital Negatives.  Looking to use the cloud for redundency of my 20 year archive (I already have two external hard drives in addition to my computer's hard drive).  These are fine art images that would kill me to lose!  Thoughts?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever cloud service you choose, you have no guarantee it's still in business next year. Physical drives with backups are safer, if you can store a copy somewhere else.

Space isn't a consideration. 10TB drives can be had for a very reasonable price these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. As mentioned I intend to have a physical hard
drive but am looking for redundancy. Does Adobe itself sell storage that
would fulfill the needs described? If so, what is it called? Otherwise,
what would you deem to be the best product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe itself sell storage that would fulfill the needs described?

You can upgrade your Creative Cloud storage by clicking in your CC desktop app at the cloud symbol (top right) then click "Upgrade" where you will see options and prices

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/upgrade-creative-cloud-storage.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the answer.  Would you deem this appropriate to use as an offsite means of archiving images for longer term storage or do you agree with another commentator that the Creative Cloud storage is more suitable for storing work that is still actively being created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Backblaze.  A+++.  We've been using them for many years.

$6/month for unlimited computer and external HD data backups to the cloud.  Simple to use and you can't beat the price.

https://www.backblaze.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the lifetime 500gb offer that pCloud were doing on St George's Day for £100-ish. They do sales at Christmas etc. but that was the cheapest I'd seen for a while so nabbed it. I always prefer one-off payments if possible which was my main reason for going with them.

I also back up onto an 8tb hdd using a USB caddy and have a couple of big external drives too for triple backups of things I really don't want to lose. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT confuse Creative Cloud with dedicated Cloud Storage and Backup services.   Adobe Creative Cloud storage is mainly for collaboration and syncing files between devices.  You still need dedicated backup & recovery systems in case the "unthinkable" happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very important point.  I believe I was making the mistake that you're describing and you probably just saved me significant wasted time and frustration.  Does Adobe have some storage other than Creative Cloud that you deem suitable for archiving images or would you look elsewhere as a couple other commentators recommended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Despite the name implications, Adobe is not in the "cloud backup & recovery business."   Adobe's bread & butter is design software.

To safeguard & archive files, use DropBox or any other dedicated Cloud backup & recovery service. Don't rely on Adobe for this kind of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines