• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beware of Adobe customer support

Enthusiast ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe CC Desktop App was not working on my computer. I tried repair, uninstall, reinstall, reboot. Nothing worked. So I made the mistke of contacting customer support via a chat session. The support agent spent 4 hours trying to make the app work correctly. I noticed that she was doing some of the same steps over and over again. Finally, she gave up and said she would call back in a couple of days. My last question to her before logging off of the session was -- did you put everything back in place so that my computer will function correctly? She replied -- yes. When I tried to use my computer I found that was not the case. All of my Adobe applications were gone and I was not able to reinstall them. She never called back as she had falsely promised. I now have an IT person trying to fix the damage that the Adobe support person caused and it is taking days. 

I post this as a warning to help others. Maybe Adobe support will work for you, but beware of the consequences if it doesn't.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Hi Jay
That does not sound a good experience at all 😞

You might want to try running the Adobe Creative Cloud  cleaner tool after any uninstall, or in this case make your IT guy aware of it. It is designed to remove the elements a standard uninstall can leave behind, leaving things clean for a fresh install.
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay
That does not sound a good experience at all 😞

You might want to try running the Adobe Creative Cloud  cleaner tool after any uninstall, or in this case make your IT guy aware of it. It is designed to remove the elements a standard uninstall can leave behind, leaving things clean for a fresh install.
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave made an excellent suggestion. However, in my case, in order to fix the damage done by Adobe support, I had to install a backup. My recommendation would be that if you have an issue, try all possibilities before contacting Adobe support. This forum is an excellent place for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely need to try this cleaner tool. remnants of old versions are making life suck right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the executives at Adobe care about the anger customers feel about their Customer service. Two bad experiences in 2 weeks. I'm going to make a real effort to learn Pages for my newsletter. I've used Adobe InDesign/Pagemaker since 1990. I want to be done. This firm treats users like they barely matter. Providing offshore customer care that is very poorly trained and poorly supervised and insulating their American offices from phone calls. ENOUGH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines