• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bezier Edit Issue with Wacom Tablet

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last couple of days I have been experiencing an issue with the Photoshop pen tool and my Wacom Intuos Pro. I have the latest software installed for both, including the new Photoshop update, 22.1.1.

The issue is that although I can draw a path with the pen tool using my Wacom pen, I sometimes cannot edit it with the Wacom pen while holding CTRL or ALT to affect the handles. The handles turn blue, but when I drag on them nothing happens. If I use the mouse it works fine, and then the Wacom pen will work again too for a bit. I don't know why it "decides" to stop working. I'm not doing anything differently than I ever have when creating paths with the pen tool and my Wacom.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Carl

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sound like you are using the Pen tool and your Wacom Pen.  When you press and hold Ctrl the pen cursor should change to the direct selection tools icon, With the Alt key press the cursor does not change till the cursor is over a control point or a handle point. The the cursor should change to the convert pen  The only problem I seem to have with my Wacom with the Pen tool is touching the tablet at the precise point I need to touch because the click happen at the point of contact.  So I use my mouse with the Pen tool for I can position the cursor then click my mouse button.  With my Wacom Pen I make too many point click errors when using the Pen tool.  However, the the modifier keys Alt, Ctrl, and  shift work using the keyboard or Wacom tablet buttons. PS 21.2.4 and 22.1.1.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. Sometimes I miss grabbing the handle, but this is a malfunction of the software—whether Photoshop or Wacom I don't know. All I know is that it was working fine up until yesterday or the day before and now it's "broken". Updating PS to the latest version today didn't help. I can draw a path using the Wacom pen, but if I try to select and move or drag a control handle it doesn't do anything. Having to switch back to the mouse everytime I need to adjust a curve is really slowing down my production of having to silhouette a couple hundred product shots!

Thanks,

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with Photoshop (modifiers not working when mapped to tablet keys) and Intuos Pro 2017, I reverted back tablet's drivers to 6.3.41-1 (from 6.3.42-2) and the key modifiers are working fine now. I'm on windows 10, PS version is 22.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is good to know I still have 6,3,41-1 install I'll skip updating to 42-2

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines