• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bigjwig

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help ! I have several jpeg images.... when I print the image onto colored paper...only the image appears and the white background is transparent (it ends up as the paper color) yet when I place the jpeg image over another image...it does not print as transparent but prints the white background...again this is a jpeg image ! I thought they did not have transparent backgrounds..yet why does it print alone as a transparent background?? Confused

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your printer have white ink? Unless you have a printer with white ink than a white background will be paper color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have white ink…but when I print the image on brown paper…the background is browwn….and only the focus part of the image…let’s say a pumpkin prints……doesn’t that mean that the background of the jpeg must be transparent?? And I didn’t think that was possible…….yet if I take same image and place it on top of a different background image…I get the white background showing over the different background…..does that make sense to you??

Thanks for your advice….

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»when I place the jpeg image over another image«

What exactly are you describing here? 

What are the print settings and, as Randy_Hufford already asked, does your printer actually have a white color to print with? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a jpeg image of a pumpkin on a white background (it is not a picture but is a drawing) When I print it on brown paper…just the pumpkin shows through…the white background does not. Yet…when I place the image over a brown background in photoshop…the white background show on top of the brown background and prints as such….does that make sense?? Hope I am explaining it better….seems like it is a transparency in a JPEG??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that when you place the image onto another image with a brown background the white of the original does print as white on the brown paper even though your printer cannot print white? 

Do you understand the concept of subtractive color mixing and how that relates to printers in general? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I guess not….I can hardly even say it !!

But I think I understand about the white background now !
I have thought it through….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines