Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bildgröße ungenau

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,
ich nutze PS 2020 und 2021 in den jeweils aktuellen Versionen auf einem iMac. Folgendes "Problem" habe ich in beiden Version (2020 und 21). Wenn ich eine neue Bilddatei erstelle, als Beispiel 400 mm breit, 200 mm hoch bei einer Auflösung von 300 dpi, ist diese bei Kontrolle über Bildgröße 399,97 x 199,98 mm groß. Es sind natürlich nur Hundertstel, aber es wäre trotzdem wichtig, dass das Maß genau ist. Habe ich etwas in den Voreinstellungen verkehrt eingestellt?
Vielen Dank!
Gruß Ulf

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020
I use PS 2020 and 2021 in the latest versions on an iMac. The following "problem" I have in both versions (2020 and 21). When I create a new image file, as an example 400 mm wide, 200 mm high at a resolution of 300 dpi, it is 399.97 x 199.98 mm in size when it is controlled by image size. They are, of course, only one hundredths, but it would still be important that the measure is accurate. Did I set something wrong in the presets?

Digital images do not have physical dimensions, they only have p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PS 2020 and 2021 in the latest versions on an iMac. The following "problem" I have in both versions (2020 and 21). When I create a new image file, as an example 400 mm wide, 200 mm high at a resolution of 300 dpi, it is 399.97 x 199.98 mm in size when it is controlled by image size. They are, of course, only one hundredths, but it would still be important that the measure is accurate. Did I set something wrong in the presets?

Digital images do not have physical dimensions, they only have pixel dimensions.

The ppi (pixels per inch) value is used to calculate physical dimensions, pixel dimensions divided by ppi value = physical dimensions in inches.

Photoshop will do the math for you, and let you create an image with physical dimensions.

The image still does not have physical dimensions, but when printed, the printer driver will calculate physical dimensions using the ppi.

Your image is 4724 x 2362 pixels, divide this by 300, and you get 15.747 x 7.873 inches.

Multiply these numbers by 25.4, and you get 399.9738 x 199.9742 millimeters.

This is the closest you can get to 400 x 200 mm, because you can't have fractions of a pixel, they have to be whole.

If you increase the pixel dimensions to 4725 x 2363, you get 400.05 x 200.06733 mm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the detailed and logical explanation. It's almost embarrassing after so many years, but I had never noticed it because it wasn't important in my workflow. A new customer ask for an explanation. The customer is satisfied and so am I;) Thank you very much again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines