• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black and White, no grayscale

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make this image Black and White with no grayscale. Over the last 4 days, I have tried everything I could possibly think of or could learn from online. It seems to be too many colors on too many colors to not have some grayscale. Am I missing something?GTO logo.jfif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One can translate images’ brightness changes into purely black and white pixels with Adjustment Layers and Hard Mix-Pattern Layers. 

What is the purpose of this? Textile printing, stamps, …? 

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 13.20.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be printed out on a banner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably get the best results when you simplify the image before you make the adjustment to black and white. At least by making the background colors white. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And some elements might benefit from being traced as distinct linework, the thin texts for example possibly with white outlines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Marja, I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your image would lose an immense amount of feel if it was either just solid areas black or white with no grey between. There's a solution to that - 

in monochrome printing [like a newspaper] the situation is the same, there is no grey ink, so tones between black and white must be represented by larger or smaller black dots [or it could be lines but that’s a different type of screening]. Have a look at a monochrome newspaper image under magnification, you'll see that tone is represented by larger and smaller dots, all those dots are black.

That's called a "halftone screen" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halftone

If that result is what you're after then you'll want to convert the image to a halftone screened version.

this video gives an idea how to do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usDDwwraaRk

I hope this helps

if it solves your problem please mark this answer as correct
thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines