Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen when I export video from photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Every time I try to export/render a video animation as an mp4 it plays with a black screen. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All black or is just the background black.  Video does not support transparent backgrounds like amimated Gif.

BallCollage3-400.gif

BallCollage3 mp4

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue- the screen is just completely black (but it plays for the correct amount of time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue! can't find an answer anywhere! Did you ever resolve this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also dealing with this issue. Correct time but black screen. I rendered a shorter video earlier today and it worked just fine. It was saved as an mp4. I have tried changing the size, preset, format, nothing seems to work. I would love a hand. I have exported heftier files in the past through photoshop, which I use to animate, but I have never had this problem. The video is only 30 secs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey

had this problem all night and its been so frustrating :')

I think ive figured out through process of elimination with other successful exports that the reason mine was doing it was that - 

I didnt have a background layer underneath everything that was white in pixels / not transparent. So yeah , adding a white pixel background layer below everything worked for me. I know in the future I will just be starting my PS animation documents with a white background instead of transparency.

Now theyre all exporing fine. 

not sure why or how this works as I am such a beginner but hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Am also a beginner.

I was trying to export a video from Photoshop as a GIF and one of the video layers was just a black screen when exporting but it the video played for the correct amount of time. 

Adding a layer at the bottom with a solid color fixed my issue when exporting, there was no longer a black screen. I didnt use any transparency or effects in my video. I don't know why this fixed the issue but in the future I'll just add a solid color underneath videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue for a while now. I work across 2 different Macs and render video works on one and not the other. At work I am on an iMac - render video finishes redering however the .mp4 is black and doesn't play the timeline video I've created. When I open the exact same file on my Macbook Pro (Same version of Photoshop) and render video - the .mp4 is correct and exports exactly as it is supposed to. All settings in the export screen are exactly the same as well. The only difference is the operating system (iMac is on Monterey version 12.4 and Macbook Pro is on Big Sur version 11.1) Perhaps this is a compatibility issue with the operating system? Either way it drives me insane to have to transfer my files over to my laptop just to finish the export. Please help Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was rendering video to the network—black screen. I rendered to my downloads, worked fine, try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I exported my file to my DESKTOP and it WORKED!

Whenever I exported to my server it came out black and blank.
I guess Photoshop does not like exporting to servers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines