Highlighted

Black screen while opening a new or existing document in Photoshop on Windows

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

so i have a really big problem.

I bought a new laptop yesterdey - asus zenbook pro duo, and i downloade photoshop, and it all appers to be black!! 

black when i open a new file

and black when i open an exciting document... 

even all the color choices are black... 

i am on RGB mode.

please help :((((

Dude, I had the same issue its was frustrating while checking fix online I came across your post here

gladly I found the fix i guess, it might work for you, its not any graphics driver problem for me...
enable all graphics cards and its glories don't disable anything!

just go to the start menu and search " calibrate display color " click on it and just follow the steps

now right-click anywhere on the desktop and select "Display Settings"

in display settings, you probably have only one option in "color profile"

after doing this calibration you should have "sRGB something option available" select that

No restart needed you should see all colors!!!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Black screen while opening a new or existing document in Photoshop on Windows

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

so i have a really big problem.

I bought a new laptop yesterdey - asus zenbook pro duo, and i downloade photoshop, and it all appers to be black!! 

black when i open a new file

and black when i open an exciting document... 

even all the color choices are black... 

i am on RGB mode.

please help :((((

Dude, I had the same issue its was frustrating while checking fix online I came across your post here

gladly I found the fix i guess, it might work for you, its not any graphics driver problem for me...

just go to the start menu and search " calibrate display color " click on it and just follow the steps

after doing this calibration you should have "sRGB something option available" select that

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you see a black screen while opening a new or existing document in Photoshop. 

Which version of Photoshop are you using? Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-home-screen-issues.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, the same thing is happening to me now, they turned off my graphics card which made my photoshop work but my second screen not work anymore so I had to turn it back on, did u end up finding a way to fix it? would be really helpful, thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry, they gave me the same solution 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Rename UXP folder doesn't work for you?

Rename the UXP folder to UXP_old.

• (Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
  • (macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UX
Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey , do u know how at all? Did they control your computer for for you to do it or just tell you how to manually fix it? Thanks , sorry about all the questions , I had people fix it yesterday but they fixed it by turning my graphics card off and that makes my screen not work properly. Thank youu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a STAR!!!

I bought my Zenbook Duo for PS/CLR and was really pleased up until I opened up Photoshop...no worries, I will contact Adobe support, their cure? Disable the second screen!!! which is kind of why I bought this laptop!!

You have solved the issue with your excellent advice.

Thank you!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
edenbn7 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my god thank you thank you thank you!!! it worked !!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0