Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black square over Photoshop 21.2.0 taskbar icon running on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhotoshopTaskbarIcon.JPG

Anyone else have a black square over the photoshop taskbar icon after updating to 20.2.0?  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, unpinning from taskbar.  Photoshop works fine but looking at this black square is driving me nuts!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank u 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution.
First change the Icon to something else and then change it back to the original "PS" icon, worked for me!
68ce5_IlRUGVvz4Qpku79Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry that the issue still persists. Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17590/automatically-diagnose-and-repair-windows-file-and-fo... and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevinc72570454,

I also faced the problem. Then I updated my windows 10 version to version number 2004. My OS build number is 19041.450. Before update the windows 10, I also faced the same problem. After updating my windows 10 version my issue fixed. My Photohop version is 21.2.2 release. Try to update the windows 10. It will solve your problem. Thanks. I attached my OS info. Hope this will solve your problem. 

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was because resourses for the icon are in 128, 16, 24, 256, 32, 48, 64 but should be from least to most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be nice to be able to afford to blatantly ignore your paying customers when you don't want to acknowledge a widespread issue with your product, and throw fixes at them for an issue that clearly isn't the same as the one being presented, demonstrating that you have terrible listening skills, or don't care to address the actual problem. Adobe does this on a consistent basis and should be ashamed. Then, the desparate users work with one another to find a real solution to their real issue, and your paying customers are essentially paying you for a product they have to troubleshoot on their own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebuilding the icon cache using a BAT file worked for me.

Here's the link: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5645-rebuild-icon-cache-windows-10-a.html

Then, restart your PC. Remove the Photoshop icon on the taskbar and pin it again. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have been fixed in the latest update, at least it dissapeared for me and the icon looks normal.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the previous solutions and have not been able to resolve the issue.  The Adobe Max conference is running (at the time of this writing) and Photoshop was just updated again, but the issue is continuing in the new version.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of the suggestions in this thread and nothing works for me. I have been able to get the icon back to normal changing photoshop's icon to something else, and then back again. But it only works for a while and the black square randomly comes back after a time. This is dumb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too same issue but a rectangle appears on top

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can fix this with my tutorial on youtube 

https://youtu.be/aCEnJvv-KGg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines