Highlighted

Black square over Photoshop 21.2.0 taskbar icon running on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhotoshopTaskbarIcon.JPG

Anyone else have a black square over the photoshop taskbar icon after updating to 20.2.0?  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, unpinning from taskbar.  Photoshop works fine but looking at this black square is driving me nuts!

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Black square over Photoshop 21.2.0 taskbar icon running on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhotoshopTaskbarIcon.JPG

Anyone else have a black square over the photoshop taskbar icon after updating to 20.2.0?  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, unpinning from taskbar.  Photoshop works fine but looking at this black square is driving me nuts!

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 21.2.0 app icon appears with a black box covering it. 

Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this article https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icon-on-taskbar-windows-10/02340804-650b... and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Have you found a fix for this yet?

None of my other Adobe icons have the problem. On windows 10 as well.

PS_icon.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe changed the icon from PS 21.1.3 however the Icon is not Black on myWindows 10 Pro version 2004 which is the latest Windows Update just a few days old.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Idealeng LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning JJMack, 
I had to same problem, and tried a multitude of fixes - but you are right; updating the PC with the latest Windows 10 Updates solved the issue for me along with several others such as the photoshop home screen not displaying at all and not allowing me to create a new document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i have the same issue and it's infuriating. I have tried changing it in Windows 10 including the themes and colours and tried removing and adding the task bar icon but nothing fixes it. For many Windows users this is a major issue. The solution provided by the employee fails to understand that there's something showing just nothing useful, the icon location is not blank it's just a section of dark navy blue with a black box covering the remainder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agneti_0-1593433065464.png

Same here...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite a few window uses have reported this so there is a problems somewhere. However, the problem source location  has not been pinpointed.  Photoshop 21.2 and window seem to be the starting  common point. However all window users using Photoshop 21.2 do not have the problem.  What else do the users with the problem have in common.  There are several windows version many device drivers and version of them where is the fault point located is there only one.  The Problem shows in Windows task bar but the source is unknown.   Where in Adobe's ballpark, Microsoft's Ballpark or some third party's ballpark.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, reinstalling Ps didn't help either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is something with the local system. I run the same version of PS on two other computers and the icons are ok and visible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines