Highlighted

Black start screen and can't save changes

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having problems with full scratch disks so tried to delete some files to clear space. It seems I must have accidentally deleted something important because now when I load up Photoshop I am greeted by a black screen ( rather than the usual start screen with the options to 'Open', create a new file, or take a tutorial, etc.). Unfortunately I'm not too great with tech...

I can open old files if I drag and drop them in and make small changes, but if I then try to save these it won't let me. I cannot open new files. Pressing on 'New' in the top bar does nothing. 

My PremierPro has the same problem with the black screen but I can open new files.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, resetting my preferences, restarting my computer and so on but nothing seems to work.

I have a Mac - that's probably important to know...? Sorry for the long post - I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!!

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Black start screen and can't save changes

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having problems with full scratch disks so tried to delete some files to clear space. It seems I must have accidentally deleted something important because now when I load up Photoshop I am greeted by a black screen ( rather than the usual start screen with the options to 'Open', create a new file, or take a tutorial, etc.). Unfortunately I'm not too great with tech...

I can open old files if I drag and drop them in and make small changes, but if I then try to save these it won't let me. I cannot open new files. Pressing on 'New' in the top bar does nothing. 

My PremierPro has the same problem with the black screen but I can open new files.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, resetting my preferences, restarting my computer and so on but nothing seems to work.

I have a Mac - that's probably important to know...? Sorry for the long post - I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!!

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?