• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black to gray gradients

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a hard time getting a specific light gray fading to black and not having a weird green chunk in the transition. I've tried so many things to fix it and can't. The last thing I tried is having the gray as it's own layer and making another layer on top with black to transparent gradient but it's still a weird green at the transition. If I change the gray it helps but I need to use that specific gray. I've made the image grayscale but it also changes the gray way too much. 179956202_10109046947361970_1707915882712314186_n.jpgCan anyone help?!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the issue is printing? 

What is the printing Color Space? 

What is the image’s Color Space? 

Please post the gardient file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'll upload the file. It's in the printing but you can also see it in the file in PS. When you grayscale it the green completely goes away both on screen and print.

I'm printing on a large format HP360 latex printer. 16bit, cmyk. I've tried rbg as well. The file is also 16bit, cmyk, tried rbg also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doing this in CMYK is a bit of a problem because naturally the CMYK Space’s GCR will not take effect. 

That you start with a non-neutral grey makes it not completely qurprising that a hue exists in the final product. 

Is U.S. Web Coated the printer’s Color Space? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the gray has values other than pure black in its mix, try adding the identical values to your black. This should make the transition smoother. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that also. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines