Blank space around text in Photoshop

Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For text layer in Photoshop, there is a white space around the character, just like the pink rectangle area, with the (0,0) position in blue dot. For my case, I want to calculate the green dot location. Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks!  

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 6.29.40 PM.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blank space around text in Photoshop

Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For text layer in Photoshop, there is a white space around the character, just like the pink rectangle area, with the (0,0) position in blue dot. For my case, I want to calculate the green dot location. Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks!  

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 6.29.40 PM.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 23, 2020 0
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that point may vary between fonts and between characters within a fonts character set and may be case sensitive for western characters.  Text is complex I know very little about text. Other than its complex. You pink rectangle area will very in size and aspect ratio. And characters may not be confined to the rectangle area for some characters extend into the inter line spacing. 

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 1
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What volume of Type Layers are you expecting to evaluate and whatfor? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0