• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blend if action

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a way to record blend if adjustments in an action? I'm trying to get images ready for a timelapse but when I make a blend if adjustment, it doesn't get recorded in the action. Does anyone know how to make it work? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blend if gray records on my windows 10 PS 2020 machine. What is your environment like?

image.png

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the same Photoshop version but instead of recording it, it just says "set layer" where blend if should be. I don't have the layers under a set folder. Think maybe that could be the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can record a blend if gray on a single layer document.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't record for me. What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop on what OS.  I'm on Windows 10 and have several version of Photoshop installed. The Actions I just showed were in Photoshop 2020.0.3

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the first 2020 version on a Windows 10 pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haw anyone resolved this? I'm on PS v21.0.0 on a Mac and have this same issue - when recording an action, the Blend If property does not get recorded and does not get saved when editing the step after the fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to update to version 21.1.0 that verwsion may work well on a Mac.  On Windows version 21.0.3 is better if you have a Wacom pen.  Blend If gray should  record in an action.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't because for reasons best known to someone else, Creative Cloud, isn't saying that there is an update available for Photoshop or Lightroom 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Actions, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible for the steps of your recording process? 

What are the Actions Panel’s settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JAWS,

It's Jay here from India. How are you!

I just face this problem while making my action. so I search online for the solution but many people are facing this problem and the solution is not found on google.

so I was trying different alternative methods and finally, I found the best one which will help you also with your action:

• First, Stop your action and make all the adjustments with blend-if, and then instead of pressing "okay" make it a new style by pressing the "New Style" button and give it a name you want. 

Blend ifBlend if

• Now open "Styles" Pannel by going into "Windows > Styles". You will find your recently made style at the bottom.
  • Now Start making your action as usual you make but stop when you need to apply blend-if.
  • Now while your action record button is on, instead of a double click on the layer to make blend-if just select your layer and simply click on the Style swatch you recently made from the style panel. it will apply that blend it to layer and action will also remember it.

Style PanelStyle Panel

This will solve your problem. Let me know if you face any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines