• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blend modes crash Photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot access Blend Modes even if the picture is in RGB. The app crashes instantly. I found out that maybe I need two last versions of the app installed but I can't have two of them.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm curious how you found out you might need 2 versions installed, and the reason for that. 
Are you referring to the desktop/laptop version of Photoshop? Because, with that, you CAN install this version and the previous version at the same time, throught the Creative Cloud application.

If you're referring to the iPad version (which is the only instance where you can't have 2 versions installed, as far as I know), this is the wrong forum - and I can move this to the correct one if you need. 

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for the prompt answer. Yes, I am referring to the laptop version (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz, Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0). I somehow found it in PECourtejoie's answer: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2020-hangs-while-blending-layers/m-p/10712160  and I did disselect the right option to be able to retain two versions but it didn't work. It still updated by overwriting the older version as if by default. What I will try now is to download still older version to see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the oldest 21.27 version of Photoshop in the Cloud and now I managed to have the two of them (the other is now 22,3). But unfortunately Blend Modes in 21.27 also crashed Photoshop. So I moved the the same layered psd file to my old Mac where I have Photoshop 21,24 installed and Blend Modes work all right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then what I did next was: I turned one layer of the same file to Multiply, saved it under another name and opened it in Windows laptop and guess what: Blend Modes work all right.  The logical next step was to open the previous version of the file to see if -- now that Blend Modes in the other psd file (still open) work all right -- Blend Modes would STILL work in another file, but, alas, they would not and crashed the application. I am really curious what is going on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is graver than I thought. It's not only Blend Modes now. It's also changing Layer or Group when trying to move objects. So that you know. The programme keeps crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines