• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blend transparent light beam

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the following transparent light beam image and I'm trying to blend into another image but the transparent background is still visable. How do I edit to only see the light beam? I've tried all blending modes!

20200324_214730.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download it in jpeg format? If so, jpeg does not support transparency - so the checkerboard is built into the image. Check if a PNG, TIFF or PSD download is available

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dave I got it from adobe stock so not aware what format it is. Shall I save as one of the above? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can tell the format by the extension of the file name. If the checkerboard is actually part of the image (rather than the background), saving it as a different format will not change the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Semaphoric says, you have to download it in one of those formats. Jpeg does not support transparency and changing a jpeg to another format later does not bring that transparency back. It looks like you might have downloaded the preview image rather than the stock file.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've licensed the image, that's just a screenshot I took to put on here. Do I search for a light beam without a solid background then?

What's the best way to get something like this onto my image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What you're trying to download is a vector illustration with an .ai extension which is for Adobe Illustrator

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's gone straight over my head! Haha

I just want a light beam, can you suggest anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you purchase the image you should have access to a version without the »Adobe Stock« logo embedded. 

Please post a screenshot of that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20200325_132638.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the image’s file format? 

If you drag it into another image what does it look like? 

If you set its Blend Mode to Screen does anything change? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for your help, I created my own light in the end and I'm happy with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to create a »lightbeam« from scratch a Noise Gradient Layer combined with some white and black Gradient Layers and the converted to a Smart Object with the Filter Polar Coordinates applied would be an option. 

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 14.29.27.pngScreenshot 2020-03-25 at 14.29.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines