• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue screen after editing with plugin and returning to PS 22.4.0

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what plugin I use (luminar 4, DxO, etc) I get a black screen when saving back to PS.  Have reset

PS to default values but to no avail.  Running OS 10.15.7.  Occurs on both my iMac and MacBook Pro.  Any help would be appreciated.  Many thanks..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

This sounds like Skylum not having a compatible update with the latest Photoshop build.

Upgrading your PS to 22.4 most likely broke those plugins.

To quote Skylum's bot "we are aware of this issue and hope to fix it in the nearest updates"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked to make sure your plugins are compatible with the latest PS Build?

Are there updates available for your plugins? They dont auto upgrade with the main PS application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see reply I received from the  Skylum's bot just minutes ago.

"We are sincerely sorry for the issue you encountered. Just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and hope to fix it in the nearest updates. This issue usually happens with 16-bit images, so we would suggest editing 8-bit images instead. Please, make sure your Adobe Camera RAW is up to date."

All of my Creative Cloud software programs from Adobe are up to date including PS and Adobe Camera Raw.  Many of the blogs say turn off the graphics processor and the problem (black screen) will go away.  Not true.  Having said that, I must tell you that until the last update from Adobe PS (Version 22.4.0), I didn't have any problem with a black screen.  I run PS and Luminar on both an iMac and MacBook Pro running OS 10.15.7 & have the same issue on both machines.  Issue started at the same time on a couple of days ago on both my computers after updating PS to V-22.4.0.  Tech support at Adobe thought it was my graphics card but I don't think so because the issue is on both of my computers.  Different graphic cards.

Also interesting is the fact if I migrate my image from LR to PS to Luminar back to PS and back to LR everything works.  If I open an image in PS directly from Adobe Camera Raw, send it to Luminar to "tweak", upon saving back to PS I get a black screen.  So my question for Adobe is why did it work until Version 22.4.0 was updated by me about a week ago?  Or is it really Skylum's issue?  Any assistanace would be sincerely appreciated.  Thanks...

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like Skylum not having a compatible update with the latest Photoshop build.

Upgrading your PS to 22.4 most likely broke those plugins.

To quote Skylum's bot "we are aware of this issue and hope to fix it in the nearest updates"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  We might as well close this open isssue and I'lll try and see if I can chat or talk with a person at Skylum re: this issue.  If they give me anything of value or an update url, I'll forward that to you for future use.  Thanks again...

Dam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines