Highlighted

Blues & greens way off in new PS 2021

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new imac running Catalina OS. Using PS 2021. Printing on Canon Pixma Pro 10. I have an image that I printed on Breathing Colour Lyve Canvas many times before getting the new computer & running latest PS with no issues. Now when I print the same image the blues and greens are way off, red looks orangey. Instructions from Breathing Colour say to use Photoshop Manages Colour which I've always done with no issues. I've tried many different settings with no luck. The last setting I tried was to let the Printer Manage Colour & the colours are now much closer to where they should be. There's one shade of blue that's a bit off. I don't know if the problem is with Photoshop, Catalina, the printer or the operator. I reinstalled the icc profile for the paper, checked for hardware & software updates for printer (there were none), checked the colour space in PS (same as I always use). I compared all the current settings with images I've printed in the past on canvas & they're the same. I'm at a loss for what to check next. I've attached a scan of the old & new images with some of the colours circled. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

PS - I've always been a mac user. 

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blues & greens way off in new PS 2021

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new imac running Catalina OS. Using PS 2021. Printing on Canon Pixma Pro 10. I have an image that I printed on Breathing Colour Lyve Canvas many times before getting the new computer & running latest PS with no issues. Now when I print the same image the blues and greens are way off, red looks orangey. Instructions from Breathing Colour say to use Photoshop Manages Colour which I've always done with no issues. I've tried many different settings with no luck. The last setting I tried was to let the Printer Manage Colour & the colours are now much closer to where they should be. There's one shade of blue that's a bit off. I don't know if the problem is with Photoshop, Catalina, the printer or the operator. I reinstalled the icc profile for the paper, checked for hardware & software updates for printer (there were none), checked the colour space in PS (same as I always use). I compared all the current settings with images I've printed in the past on canvas & they're the same. I'm at a loss for what to check next. I've attached a scan of the old & new images with some of the colours circled. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

PS - I've always been a mac user. 

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2020 0

Have something to add?