Highlighted

Blurry font with 1080 screen

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

So I bought a creative cloud lisens and wanted to install the newest of photo/video apps, but then it told me that I needed windows 10.

I bit the bullet and upgraded to windows 10 few days ago to be able to install those apps.

To the issue:

I've been searching for a while now and it seems like this is linked with the new feature of UI scaling of Photoshop in combination with cleartype.

Now, if I enable cleartype and choose the most readable fonts from the selections, photoshop will become not blury, but then, Windows and every other font everywhere else becomes annoying to read because of Cleartype.

Now, I understand that Photoshop has this UI scaling feature to fix the scaling issue of high DPI screens, but I'm not running a high DPI screen. It's a simple 1080p 21" screen. This problem wasnt present with me on CS6 (windows 7). Why is this happening to me with the latest version now? If I could install cs6 from creative cloud, I would, but I can't and I guess I have to write this to see if there are any fix on the new versions of photoshop.

Just to be clear; I don't want to use Cleartype because it will ruin everything else except fixing photoshop.

p.s. This issue is not present with the other adobe apps like premiere, after effect, media encoder, etc.

Regards

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blurry font with 1080 screen

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

So I bought a creative cloud lisens and wanted to install the newest of photo/video apps, but then it told me that I needed windows 10.

I bit the bullet and upgraded to windows 10 few days ago to be able to install those apps.

To the issue:

I've been searching for a while now and it seems like this is linked with the new feature of UI scaling of Photoshop in combination with cleartype.

Now, if I enable cleartype and choose the most readable fonts from the selections, photoshop will become not blury, but then, Windows and every other font everywhere else becomes annoying to read because of Cleartype.

Now, I understand that Photoshop has this UI scaling feature to fix the scaling issue of high DPI screens, but I'm not running a high DPI screen. It's a simple 1080p 21" screen. This problem wasnt present with me on CS6 (windows 7). Why is this happening to me with the latest version now? If I could install cs6 from creative cloud, I would, but I can't and I guess I have to write this to see if there are any fix on the new versions of photoshop.

Just to be clear; I don't want to use Cleartype because it will ruin everything else except fixing photoshop.

p.s. This issue is not present with the other adobe apps like premiere, after effect, media encoder, etc.

Regards

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can somebody help me please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no new driver updates since april 2019.

After upgrading to windown 10, I installed the same latest driver that I had on windows 7 which did not have any problem with photoshop cs6.

The GPU is Nvidia Geforce GTX 780M

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to post screenshots at 100%.

You should take into consideration that Photoshop will always treat and display text as raster, at the document base resolution. It will end up rasterized sooner or later anyway.

It will not be displayed as resolution-independent vector like many other applications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you're talking about the UI font.

To be exact, I have the same issue as on this thread, with the conclution that it's cleartype that can fix it, but if cleartype is needed to fix only 1 program then it's aparantly a design/programming issue with photoshop

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/menu-font-text-is-blurry-unsharp-in-19-1-0/m-p/10983685?pag...

Basically, I need a soloution that does not involve Windows Cleartype

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
alrubaye LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this ever going to be fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines