• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry/pixely photo when imported

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have recently downloaded / bought a number of shutter stock items. Up until now all images appear high res and outlines are crisp when opening however since latest photoshop update when opening files content appears low res. When opening settings are at 300 resoultion pixels / inch. I don't believe this is a content issue as have checked historic files and encountering the same issue. Example of files attached and what its meant to look like. Any help would be greatly appreciated and some step by step guidance on how to fix would be fab. Thanks what its meant to look like.jpgexample 1.JPGexample 2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EPS is a vector format and these are vector files. You should use Illustrator for this.

Opening a vector file into a raster editor like Photoshop, you need to make sure the resolution is high enough. 300 ppi in itself means nothing! That's pixels per inch, so if you only have a couple of inches to start with, that translates into very few pixels and poor resolution. 

Open in a vector application like Illustrator, set a proper size to the vector data, then rasterize. Do the calculation! Pixels per inch. You should have at least 3000 pixels long side to each card to get full detail.

Again, this is a file meant for Illustrator. To use it in Photoshop you need to take some precautions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great, really appreciate the recommendations. What does perplex me though is historic files (that have been displaying fine) are now opening blurry, I was wondering if this could be a display or import resolution issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case it has to be a display/screen rendering issue. Sorry, I have no explanation for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines