• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding Box issues

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach high school Photoshop.  The students all have the newest version of Ps through indiviual accounts on the school's license.  I am having two issues....

1st: My screen is different than the students in very subtle ways.  For example, the option bar shows different options when the Move tool is selected.

2nd: I have multiple students that have a box with anchor squares (or a bounding box) appear around their selection when they use the move tool.  They do not have "Show Transform Controls" on their option panel when the Move Tool is selected (like I do).  How do I find this or fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Katnphoto,

I also teach, and before every new class I reset the Preferences on every computer to ensure that every setup is identical until we start making changes. Go to Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit, then quit and relaunch Photoshop.

In question #2, it sounds like some of them have the narrow toolbar selected. The controls will still be in the same place, but will look different. Look for an icon on their machine where you have the words. Resetting Preference, however, should take care of this as well.

Resetting all Tools will take care of the situation where the options for your Move tool (and other tools) is not the same as their options.

After you reset Preferences once, you should only need to reset all tools, the workspace, and the default colors as they are learning.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines