• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brand New DELL XPS 15 7590 - Adobe Suite Extremely Slow Windows 10

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I recently bought a DELL XPS 15 mainly to work on projects and 3D modeling. One of the major programs I'll be using are Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, but it seems like I'm having some issues with the suite.

Fans are always very high (especially when I'm plugged) and graphic acceleration doesn't seem to be working properly: InDesign is very slow even moving simple text in the frame, compared to my old iMac (2010) that is still rocking quite well.

What could it be?

The computer has an NVidia GeForce 1650, like every other XPS 15 out there.

I'd like to get some help. It's crazy that and almost 2.000€ machine isn't optimized. 

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the slow performance of Adobe apps, could you please let us know the versiobn of Photoshopy you're working with?

Have you tried updating the graphics drivers from Nvidia's website and see if it helps?

You may also try optimizing Photoshop's performance and see how it goes: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm using the latest version (just downloaded yesterday).

I have all my drivers updated.

EDIT: I've done it, but nothing changed. 

Is there a way to contact Adobe support? I have a full license given by my organization

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck with that? Have the same issue and I'm a bit tiered of lagging in PS with my XPS 15, i9, 32ram... All updated and still running slower than my older laps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aogon unfortunately not. I returned the PC because it was too slow and bought an HP Envy instead.

Sorry to hear that you're having the same issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator, please remove 'Actions and Scripting' label from this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Spoke to Adobe and they palmed it off as the nVidia drivers not being compatible with Photoshop. These are the Studio drivers from nVidia specifically optimised for creative types! Really annoying as the drivers and Photoshop were compatible and running fine a few months ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that's a amateur hour... Bravo Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Bravo nVidia..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typical! Weeks of putting up with this before I post here and I find a solution 45 minutes later! Turns out if I set my primary display to be the laptop screen Photoshop recognises the nVidia GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2. If I have primary display set to my external monitor it doesn't recognise it at all.

Joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines