• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge & Google Photos

Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. I don't see a solution anywhere.

All of my photos are stored in Google Photos (synced from various devices, both Apple and Samsung)

Is there a way I can link Google Photos with Adobe bridge?  Currently I'm having to browse and download on GP, which essentially makes my use of Bridge unnecessary. I'd like to be able to use Bridge without having to add this extra step. 

I don't think there is a 'Google Drive' type Finder plugin which shows up as a drive on my Mac that I can navigate to. Is there a workaround? 

I don't have a problem with somehow automatically syncing all my photos onto my Mac...I have the room....I just can't see how. 

thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Bridge does not support third-party cloud services and every post I see about mixing the two, there is a problem. I recommend NOT trying to use them together. Download your images, Bridge will see them on your hard drive just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try this

Select your images in photos.google.com. Click the three vertical dots menu in the upper right corner; select download (or SHIFT+D). That will put your Google photos onto your computer as .jpg files you can then open.

Also, I believe you could install the Google Photos companion app on your computer, and it will keep a folder synced with your online photos, and you could work with them from there.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for this.  I was aware I could download the photos, but looking for a more automated sync process (if it exists)

I have the Goodle Photos app on my system, although this appears to be more of a direct link to their online site, than an actual app, and doesn't have (that I can see) any option to sysnc to desktop.  Is there another app you are aware of?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use Google Photos extensively. However I also use backup and sync by google which means all my google photos are on my desktop pc. This means Adobe Bridge would easily see them on the desktop. I also use my iphone and ipad with Google Photos. The point being I am now getting them into Lightroom and am now considering using Adobe Bridge to pull everything together with other things i have not mentioned. in addition i use iCloud to backup ipad and iphone and you can automate that process with the Itunes App for PC desktop and incorporate that into Adobe Bridge. This would also work for any othercloud service like dropbox where you store data / phoyos etc on your desktop. 

Charlie Nielson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie. Can you advise, how are you syncing google photos to your desktop? I looked but didn't see a program to do that.  Have I missed it?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge does not support third-party cloud services and every post I see about mixing the two, there is a problem. I recommend NOT trying to use them together. Download your images, Bridge will see them on your hard drive just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem now that they have added the downloader deal - and now somehow all my pic files are in google drive and I cant them into bridge where I keep and work on my photos from- did you ever figure out???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Drive app works great with viewablity in Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've missed the numerous threads where people were having problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines