Highlighted

Bridge Automate "Load Files Into Photoshop Layers" For Stacks Into Photoshop Action

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I am having a tough time implementing something that will greatly speed up my workflow. Essentially, I need to find a way to automate the "Load Files Into Photoshop Layers" tool in Bridge. As a quick background, I have to make collages for work every now and then. For example, I have an action that makes a 3x3 collage when you give photoshop 9 images. This process isn't automated as I have to load 9 files into photoshop and then run the action. 

It would be ideal if I could give photoshop a stack of files to perform this action. In bridge, I have different stacks that contain 9 photos each in them. I can't wrap my head around how I can tell photoshop to process each stack individually and run only one action per stack. I believe that all I need is a script that takes a stack of photos and makes a new document in photoshop with each image being a unique layer in this document. Then, I would be able to run my script that can make a collage from those layers. If I were to accomplish this, all I would have to do is separate my photos into stacks and run a batch from Bridge into photoshop. Thank you so much for the help!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Make It, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bridge Automate "Load Files Into Photoshop Layers" For Stacks Into Photoshop Action

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I am having a tough time implementing something that will greatly speed up my workflow. Essentially, I need to find a way to automate the "Load Files Into Photoshop Layers" tool in Bridge. As a quick background, I have to make collages for work every now and then. For example, I have an action that makes a 3x3 collage when you give photoshop 9 images. This process isn't automated as I have to load 9 files into photoshop and then run the action. 

It would be ideal if I could give photoshop a stack of files to perform this action. In bridge, I have different stacks that contain 9 photos each in them. I can't wrap my head around how I can tell photoshop to process each stack individually and run only one action per stack. I believe that all I need is a script that takes a stack of photos and makes a new document in photoshop with each image being a unique layer in this document. Then, I would be able to run my script that can make a collage from those layers. If I were to accomplish this, all I would have to do is separate my photos into stacks and run a batch from Bridge into photoshop. Thank you so much for the help!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Make It, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping to automate this feature with photoshop. I would like to take multiple stacks (say 100 of 9 images in each stack) and create a photoshop action that process each stack and create a collage for each stack. Each stack would need to be loaded into photoshop with each image as its own layer. I would like to do this as a batch function so that I wouldnt have to touch photoshop until all stacks are finished. I came up with a separate solution but it isn't perfect and isn't entirely automated. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ultimately need the script to do:

1) find first stack (in Bridge [in selected folder])

2) open as layers in PS

3) run PS action

4) save and close (as jpg)

5) find next stack in Bridge (selected folder) and repeat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0