• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge/PS 2020 opens PS2020 for "Open Image" but opens PS2019 to run Image Processor

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so after my wonderful detour into the world of the MacBook Pro 2019/Catalina nonsense, I'm back running on my High Sierra system. I upgraded Photoshop to 20.0.7 (2020). When I command-O a file from bridge, Bridge Opens PS 2020 and then opens ACR with different preferences (like it always had). Then, "Open Image" button opens in PS 2020, just like it ought to.

I still have Photoshop Tools, however, when I run the Image Processor (IPP?), Bridge Opens PS 2019. Not a big deal, I guess, unless I start writing actions using PS2020 exclusive functions.

I didn't change any config. How do I get Bridge to start Image Processor in PS 2020?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have Bridge 2020 installed, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. CC shows both 20.0.7 and 21.0.1 installed. Bridge "Open Image" opens 21.0.1. Image Processor opens 20.0.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I have PS open when I run it. I believe you can also edit Image Processor to only open a particular version of PS, but then you can't use it for other versions. If you open it in a plain text editor, it might have a line of code like this:

#target photoshop

If it does, change it to:

#target photoshop-140

If it doesn't have that line, add it to the top of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Actually, I had 2020 open and Bridge opened 2019, and then I had both open. I don't think I care between these two, so figure I should be running it with the same version I edit, right?

Call me dumb, but where would I find that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck, I am dumb. Somehow Bridge 2019 got started. Guess I've been banging back and forth between laptops and the whole Catalina thing, I didn't notice that the 2020 icon got clicked. Opened Bridge from CC and it runs the 2020 PS.

Doh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, the 2019 icon got clicked. I've removed it from the dock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines