Highlighted

Brightness Flickering in Photoshop CC 2018

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone.

I had this issue before, but it was a little different and was happening in Firefox and PS. Somehow I fixed it, but I'm not sure how. Now it's just happening in PS.

I start PS and everything is fine. Then I open a file and drag it to the top to enlarge it, but I still have all the tools and jazz showing. I'm not sure what to call that action. Anyway, then my sceen starts flashing. It's like the brightness is dimming in and out at a rapid rate. And it effects the image and the whole interface. Before when I had this problem it was doing it slowly. I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix the issue. I'm running the most current version of PS CC 2018. The graphic card it uses, Nvidia GTX 1050i is up to date. I don't have any plugins.

I searched Google for an answer but the only flickering I could find was this: Fix Flashing Black Screen in Photoshop CS6 or CC - YouTube and that's not my problem. I really hope someone can help me. This issue is very annoying and I can't work like this.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brightness Flickering in Photoshop CC 2018

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone.

I had this issue before, but it was a little different and was happening in Firefox and PS. Somehow I fixed it, but I'm not sure how. Now it's just happening in PS.

I start PS and everything is fine. Then I open a file and drag it to the top to enlarge it, but I still have all the tools and jazz showing. I'm not sure what to call that action. Anyway, then my sceen starts flashing. It's like the brightness is dimming in and out at a rapid rate. And it effects the image and the whole interface. Before when I had this problem it was doing it slowly. I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix the issue. I'm running the most current version of PS CC 2018. The graphic card it uses, Nvidia GTX 1050i is up to date. I don't have any plugins.

I searched Google for an answer but the only flickering I could find was this: Fix Flashing Black Screen in Photoshop CS6 or CC - YouTube and that's not my problem. I really hope someone can help me. This issue is very annoying and I can't work like this.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe. It seems like you need a proof. Here it is.

Photoshop CC 2018 brightness flicker - YouTube

Please do something about it otherwize we either get a seizure or a heart attack.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the EXACT same issue with a Surface Book 2 and GTX1060 card. Disabling hardware acceleration fixes this but it makes photoshop slow so it is not a proper solution. Please fix this

Photoshop CC 2018 brightness flicker - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Facing the same issues on my laptop, coincidentally I have the same graphic driver as you. I noticed that disabling the "Use Graphics Processor" on Edit>Performance kinda fixes it, but then I am unable to rotate the canvas.

I already tried to do a clean windows install, tried to use Photoshop CC2015, still facing this flickering.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few other things that I have noticed:

- The flickering only happens inside the canvas / background, it does flicker above the layers, or the tools windows/tabs.
- Only happens inside photoshop, it does not "bleed" into other applications, even if they're on the screen side by side.

- Just by toggling the "Large Tabs" option on and off on Preferences>Workplace makes the canvas flicker, you do not even need to apply the changes.

- Does not happen while using Autodesk Sketchbook.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable check  box for "use graphics processor" in the preferences settings.

Close PS and restart. See if that helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that disabling the "Use Graphics Processor" on Edit>Performance kinda fixes it, but then I am unable to rotate the canvas.

I use the rotate tool a lot, pretty much unable to work without.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well

Its a good indicator that the card in your machine does not meet the minimum requirements for all PS work flows.

And its only going to be bigger problem going forward as more features are added, and more application processing is passed on to the GPU

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that does seem to be a very good answer to the problem as I was using the same laptop / photoshop version / driver for a year with no problem. It was only when I updated the video card driver to the latest one that started happening, I did rollback and it does kinda stop for a while but after some time it starts again.

The problem also persists when I install Photoshop CC 2015, and only on Photoshop, everything else does not produce any issues with the video card.

And the video card in mention has been released less than 2 years ago ("Both the GTX 1050 Ti and GTX 1050 launched on the same day, Tuesday October 25, 2016."), does support for it drop that fast?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With out knowing your actual hardware, its at best a guess as to what is

happening.

Obviously there appears to be a issue with the Nvidia driver/video card.

That card is more then sufficient to work with PS.

I have a Quadro card with the latest driver from Nvidia and have no

issues. Obviously that doesn't help you.

A lot of people have Nvidia cards out there, and the problem doesn't

appear to be wide spread, so it could be anything.

What boxes do you have selected under advanced settings?

Could you card be getting flaky? Overheating?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Nvidia GTX 1050ti 4GB and the most current version 391.01. I'm using a Sager NP6852. I understood that card more than met the minimum requirements. But lately, it isn't doing it all the time (the flickering). I got this laptop about a year ago. I'd hate to think it was faulty hardware.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I have changed 6 laptops out with different nvidia cards and spent hours on the phone with nvidia with no luck fixing the problem!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Nvidia 660 gtx 2gb and it runs fine. Have never seen this issue, only saying as my card is pretty old and it runs pscc2019 just fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured out, this is an issue with the newest drivers from Nvidia. I installed an old driver (385.28 from 08/13/2017) and so far so good, let's hope it keeps that way.

---- Well, that worked for about half a day, flicker started again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too... and it's pretty annoying.

I use a GTX 1050ti.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC 2018 Flickering when I use brushes. Any idea?

Hardware:

i7 - 7500U
16GB RAm

Intel Graphics 620
Nvidia Gforce 940MX

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS does not like or support dual GPU s

There are plenty of threads here about people having problems with dual GPU configurations.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I will let you know if I can find a fix. Have you found a solution?

I tried messing with the intel 3d setting on the photoshop program tab that davescm linked.

a. Right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose the NVIDIA control panel.

b. Click Manage 3D settings.

c. Click Program Settings and add Photoshop.exe and sniffer.exe. Change the preferred graphics processor to Integrated graphics.

Then restart Photoshop. It fixes the pen or clicking stuttering brightness on the canvas but makes it very very slow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines