Exit

Brush and Eraser show preloader

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Photoshop cc2019 20.01

The problem is related to cc2019 and doesn't occur in cc2018

When I use a brush or eraser in photoshop by drawing slightly quickly - like colouring in a block or erasing – Im getting a preloader appear – a circle of circles. There doesn't seem to be a lag but the circles are getting in the way - so I cant see my artwork for the circles. Is anyone else experiencing this? or know of a solution? I've tried toggling smoothing on and off and various brushes and resolutions.

Here's the problem in action…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bo6twjazq78da ... t.mov?dl=0

My set up is…

macOS Mojave 10.14.1

2017 iMac 27 5k 4.2ghz, 64gb ram, Raedon 580 8gb GPU.

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24

Wacom Driver 6.3.31-6

Wacom have said this isn't a problem with their hardware or driver…

Pen with spinning preloader - Wacom Forum - Wacom Europe GmbH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah. this one has been discussed a lot. Your best bet is to first, don't try to work with rulers turned on. No idea why it effects it, but it does. and the other big one is your Wacom. It seems that if your Wacom was already installed when you updated to cc2019, it gets everything rather stupid and you get the thinking wheel when you use the brush and similar tools. I was able to clear it up by getting photoshop fully updated, then going through and uninstalling all things Wacom. Then downloading and reinstalling all of my Wacom stuff. Yes, a bit of a pain, but it worked and cleared it all right up. I think the biggest problem is the Mojave update timed with the photoshop update with all the new driver updates to wacom as well. All of it at the same time got everything a little discombobulated and having trouble talking together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines