• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush and other tools not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop CC 2020 to version 21.2.2 and the brush and other tools have been completely useless. Everything works fine upon startup, but then after a little bit of use of the brush, it turns into a crosshair (no matter the size) and can't make a line. When I select and try to use another tool, it also won't work and is the same crosshair. I can open up panels, create and delete layers, change settings... etc, but using tools won't work. However, this is only on my highly unreliable tablet, the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro. Everything works fine on my MacBook Pro (running macOS Catalina 10.15.6), but I hate drawing with a mouse. My tablet works in everything except this. Help, please!

[Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Welp, restarting my entire macbook worked. Still a really odd issue though lol

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. i wonder if there's a problem with your keyboard. Y'see... the shift key changes the brush to look like a crosshair. If this is somehow engaging (maybe dirt? maybe circuitry?), then it may also be holding up the other functions of the brush. Could you try another keyboard and see if the issue persists?

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. Shift is not toggled; nothing is holding it down and text is not capitalized. I also cannot change my keyboard; I'm using a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welp, restarting my entire macbook worked. Still a really odd issue though lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines