• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Cursor constantly disappearing for no apparent reason.

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For at least a year and for no apparent reason the brush cursor vanishes randomly. I can still paint with the invisible cursor. There is no crosshair, no indication of the cursor at all, except that I can paint.

– No, this is not a capslock problem. If I hit caps lock I can see the crosshair. But if I turn off capslock, it disappears again.

If I toggle caps lock several times, the brush cursor *sometimes* reappears.  Then if I move off the canvas it often immediately disappears again (randomly).

If I shake the mouse the Apple cursor appears and grows and then vanishes again. Once in a while it reappears randomly.

But if my cursor leaves the canvas or I click, it *often/usually* vanishes again. But not always.  Really does seem like a bug. I always update my system and apps immediately.  Everything is current.  Only connected devices (BT keyboard/mouse) are Apple. One monitor.

It makes using Photoshop almost impossible. I lose so much time with his issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, No that has no effect.

Still, magnifying the area I'm working on can trigger the brush cursor to disappear.

I can still paint, but the brush outline is invisible, so i don't know where it is until I've started painting.

If I wiggle the mouse - *sometimes* it reappears. If I toggle CapsLock off and on many times, *sometimes* it reappears.  It's hit and miss.

Also I giess i should add: this happens across machine.  I experience this on every machine I have worked on for years.  I would be really surprised if I was the only one for whom this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines