Highlighted

Brush cursor disappears on most colors

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy.  I do not have the caps lock on nor is the brush size too large, yet I am constantly loosing sight of the cursor.  I have to wiggle it around the screen to re-find it.  It is way too thin.  Isn't there a way I can mke it thicker so I can see it?  It would be nice if the cursor was set in Difference mode so the color would be visible on a colored-paint area.  I have  searched and searched for an answer to this and cannot fine it.  I am using Photoshop CC 2020.  I did not have this problem until I updated to Creative Cloud.  I have an iMac, Catalina OS.  It is so hard to get my work done with this cursor and I am tired of having my face next to the computer screen.  I have a 27" screen so size of the screen is not the problem.  Does anyone have a solution?

Also, being new to this forum (I joined in 2010, but barely used it until now), how do I post a solution to a person's problem?  I didn't see anywhere to reply.

Thank you in advance if you can help me.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush cursor disappears on most colors

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy.  I do not have the caps lock on nor is the brush size too large, yet I am constantly loosing sight of the cursor.  I have to wiggle it around the screen to re-find it.  It is way too thin.  Isn't there a way I can mke it thicker so I can see it?  It would be nice if the cursor was set in Difference mode so the color would be visible on a colored-paint area.  I have  searched and searched for an answer to this and cannot fine it.  I am using Photoshop CC 2020.  I did not have this problem until I updated to Creative Cloud.  I have an iMac, Catalina OS.  It is so hard to get my work done with this cursor and I am tired of having my face next to the computer screen.  I have a 27" screen so size of the screen is not the problem.  Does anyone have a solution?

Also, being new to this forum (I joined in 2010, but barely used it until now), how do I post a solution to a person's problem?  I didn't see anywhere to reply.

Thank you in advance if you can help me.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check the following link hope it helps you....regards

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.  Guess it is just an Adobe and a Mac Catalina thing.  I will have to wait for Adobe to catch with all the Mac OS changes.  At least I will not be spending so much time trying to search for the fix.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my "problem".

Mary

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep the + turned on in the middle of my brush - you can find it in the preferences. That might help. I teach PS online and use something called cursor pro. It creates a big obnoxious colored circle around my cursor - you won't lose it. Maybe that will help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  I tried the crosshair in my cursor as you suggested but I dont' think that will help my problem.  The crosshair is very small.  I am interested in Cursor Pro, however I can't find enough information about how it works and what it works with.  Does it work with Photoshop brushes?  If so it is just what I am looking for.  What about when you are typing in Pages.  I often go back and edit a line in what I am typing and then I can't find the cursor. Would it work in that instant?  It looks like a lot of people use it for presentions and teaching.  I would not be using it for that.  I really couldn't find much information on how it works.  Most of what I read was as a magnifier and for teaching/presetnations.  I do appreciate your replies; thank you very much, in advance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use it for teaching. It's just there so you can see your cursor. I can't screenshot it for you because the cursor hides for a screenshot. It's literally just a big circle around your cursor so you and/or others can see it on your screen. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
674654 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact issue!
I'm using 32 inch 4k monitor, Mac/Catalina.
This is driving me crazy!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines