Highlighted

Brush cursor lost in background

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brush cursor becomes difficult, if not impossible, to see in front of certain backgrounds. The cursor adjusts from light to dark opposite the background, the problem seems to be that the cursor gets confused in front of textured backgrounds and doesn't properly adjust itself. The crosshair cursor is pretty much the same, the lines are the same thickness (or close enough to not make a difference).

This is probably made worse by the monitor and resolution, but it would be nice if there was a solution within Photoshop, such as a thicker or high-contrast cursor option.

I have included images of the cursor switching from light to dark in front of the same background. These don't show the problem very well because they were taken close to the screen and the camera messes with the brightness/contrast (I don't know how to screen cap the cursor).

2017 MacBook Pro - Catalina 10.15.4

Photoshop 21.1.3

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush cursor lost in background

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brush cursor becomes difficult, if not impossible, to see in front of certain backgrounds. The cursor adjusts from light to dark opposite the background, the problem seems to be that the cursor gets confused in front of textured backgrounds and doesn't properly adjust itself. The crosshair cursor is pretty much the same, the lines are the same thickness (or close enough to not make a difference).

This is probably made worse by the monitor and resolution, but it would be nice if there was a solution within Photoshop, such as a thicker or high-contrast cursor option.

I have included images of the cursor switching from light to dark in front of the same background. These don't show the problem very well because they were taken close to the screen and the camera messes with the brightness/contrast (I don't know how to screen cap the cursor).

2017 MacBook Pro - Catalina 10.15.4

Photoshop 21.1.3

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue for years. It's even worse on Windows. A couple of ways around it ar

• Press the Space Bar to temorarily change to the hand tool.
  • Put a Color fill layer at the top of the layer panel, set to very low opacity. Hide it when not needed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. I have been searching for a resolution to this exact issue. I can't believe it's not been fixed if it has been going on for a while as it adds a huge level of difficulty with my older eyes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0